Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Oh the IVY

PrincetonPrinceton was the last college that we visited on our little tour.  I don’t think that I’ll be applying there.  New Jersey isn’t my favorite place (because of the climate and such) so it automatically had a strike against it.  I was very impressed with the buildings, so much grandeur and such.  The total number of students attending was a bit higher than I’m looking for in the perfect situation.  The academics are something I’m not so sure about.  People say that while Princeton is hard to get into, once your their it’s much easier.  The other thing I really didn’t like was the eating plans, the eating houses just sounded very weird to me and I don’t think that I would like to be in one, they sound to much like co-ed frats.  While I thought the buildings were beautiful one things I’m looking for that may sound weird is very nice grass, I like to be able to sit and lay on the grass and just sit of study or spend time with friends.  Princeton’s grass wasn’t that great.  Overall there was just something about the feel of the place the put me off.  It didn’t seem like a place that I could find a home in, which is one of if not the most important things about a school.  Other’s may love Princeton but personally it’s not my cup of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment