Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dickinson College

       Well here it goes, my first college post.  I forget exactly when, but about a month ago I went to an infromation session and a tour of Dickinson College in Carlise PA.  The school meet a lot of the things I want, nice dorms, small class size, an abroad program, and others.  The school had less diversity than I hope for.  While I don't want to go abroad for 4 years I do want a variety of people.  There was also the location.  It's in a great place and the town is wonderful, but it's only about 2 and a half hours from my hometown.  I'm use to being 4 hours away for most of the time.  One thing I want to to explore other parts of the country.  I love PA, its a great place and I love going home, but I want to get out of my comfort zone a bit and see what other places would work for me. 
      You should all know about the feeling you get from a place and how it makes you feel.  I want a place that I know feels right to me, and unfortunatly Dickinson doesn't have that feel.  Everything about it is nice, the town, the facilities, the classes sound fantastic, however there's something about it that it's hard for me to think of myself there.
       Hopefully I find a place that I think I could find myself.   Well next time is U of Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment