Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Autumn Leaves

   After my Top Ten music edition it shouldn't come as surprise that I would use an Ed Sheeran song as the title for my post.  With my school year coming so soon, and all of my packing still needing to be done, I thought it would be nice to talk about on of my favorite thing. Autumn.  Basically every thing about this season makes me happy, the colors, clothes, food, coffee, hot chocolate, carving pumpkins, the corn.  I don't think I need to go on anymore.
   I think that the chill of the air excites me.  Knowing that the leaves are going to change into the beautiful shades of yellow, red, and purple.  It makes me happy to be able to wear my sweaters and my tall socks, in the colors to match the trees.  Seeing my breath when I go outside, reminds me that winter is soon coming but that I must enjoy the season that surrounds me.  I love sitting on the bricks at my school and watching kids play four square while geese fly over our heads.  I'm perfectly content sitting with a book in one hand, a cup of coffee in the other, while leaves gather around where I sit.
    When I was younger, fall meant my allergies acting up.  It meant seeing my brother leaving for school.  It meant that there was yard work to be done.  But as I grew up fall's meaning changed for me. Now it means the orange of the pumpkin pie that my mom makes.  Now I get excited because after I come home from school for the break, I get to see my brother come home too.
     Now, the fall brings exciting times with my friends when we take walks in the woods and carve pumpkins together.  Autumn reminds me that it's football season and that hockey it close behind.  There's excitement in seeing the high school team play, no matter how bad they are.
    So basically, bring me a beanie and a sweater because I can't wait for autumn to start.





No comments:

Post a Comment