Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Traveling pt. 1

     There's some things I've always wanted to do.  Traveling more being one of them.  It's one of my dreams to travel to the UK.  I feel like I would fit in there.  I know this may sound weird but frankly I think that it would be a great experience.  I went to Canada for a couple days about 4 years ago.  It was a lot of fun but I think being in a completely different place and environment would be amazing.  However, since I started this ramble I might as well get on it with my Top Ten: Places to Go edition.  These are places both in and out of the United States that I hope to travel to.  Again in no particular order because frankly that's too much pressure for me to handle.

1) Italy: Yes quite different from the others you are going to see but somewhere that I definitely want to go to.  For those of you that have been following my blog this may come as no surprise, but I'm certainly a bit of a nerd.  One reason that I really want to go to Italy is to see the ruins and all the museums.  Being a Latin student, no there is no nerdier language to learn than Latin, I find all that stuff insanely interesting.  I would love to see all those things and understand what is written on them in Latin.  However, I don't only want to go for my nerdy side, my stomach would love it there as well.  I'm all about food and anywhere that has good food is somewhere I want to be.


2)Canada: I know I talked of already being there, but I would love to be able to go back to Canada.  Mostly for Toronto, I loved it there.  The good news is that I have some friends that are going to college up in Canada so I may be able to slip up there for a visit or two is I have time next year.  Two birds with one stone, going back somewhere I enjoy and seeing my friends, I love when things work out like that.

3) Washington/Oregon :  I know that they're in the same country that I live in, but they're all the way across it.  A sometimes unfortunate thing about the US is the fact that it's so large.  I know other countries are larger but there's so much going on in such a large space that there isn't enough time to go to it all.  Anywho enough of my rambling.  I really want to go to the Pacific Northwest, it sounds so lovely.  I'm all for forests and trees and coffee.  I also would love to even be able to step foot in  Powells Books.  I don't think any of you understand how much I want to go there.  We are talking about possibly the best bookstore in the world.  So yeah I want to go there.

4)Russia:  Don't know why but I've kinda always wanted to go there.  Maybe it's something about hot people talk of the country when it's snowed.  It could be something else, but either way I hear it's beautiful.. There's also so much history in that country it's unbelievable.  I wouldn't be able to understand anything anyone says but I don't really care about that.  I just want the chance to see what it's really like.

5)Greece:  Another one of my non-cold places, and like Italy my nerd side has a strong desire to go there.  I want to see the ruins and eat the food.  See the architecture and see what the sea looks like.  I want to take so many pictures that my head explodes.  That is all.

    I didn't expect this to take up so much space so I'm going to split it up into two parts so you all don't get bored.  What places do you guys want to visit and why do you want to go there?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment